Monday, January 12, 2009

Been away..

Dear Friends,
I've received a lot of email asking me where I am, if everything is ok, if I am still designing, etc. I'd like to answer some of those questions for you.

I am OK - not hurt or anything like that. My personal life has taken a turn that has been coming for awhile. I am going through a divorce and dealing with everything that comes with that. It's not nearly as easy as I thought it would be. Nothing about it is simple. I've recently moved back to Aiken, and will be moving again I am sure. Because of this I have set up a mailing address, if you need it for any reason it is:

Wicks Works Design
PO Box 6362
Aiken, SC 29804

If I've done some work for you and you have not yet sent me a pathtag or coin please use this new address, likewise for any checks.

As part of the moving I was without internet for over a week. I only had spotty wi-fi connections, mostly with my itouch and occasionally with my lap top. I'm now back online and working through all the emails, messages and orders.

Am I still designing? YES but on a limited basis. I had no idea just how hard it would be for me to concentrate or even be creative with this. I've sat many hours jsut staring at the screen thinking about what I want to do but unable to get it out. I've had to apologize over and over again for lack of finished product and I HATE that I can't get it done. Design has always been such a great feeling for me. So if I have not completed your work, I understand if you go to another designer. I apologize beyond belief at this, I only hope that you understand the circumstances and do not hold it against me in the future when things settle back down for me.

Am I still doing the Tag of the Month club? YES!!! I have always known what my "January" and "February" designs would be, I just need to get them done. I am working on that now. Obviously they will not be received in their "months" but the club will continue.

Am I still designing a tag for the March of Dimes? You better believe it! I can't let my life get in the way of this. I'd pledge my life to saving babies if I could. I'll have these designs done very soon! And I hope you all want to continue to support my cause.

I think I covered it all pretty much. Please don't apologize to me about what I am going through, it is a positive change, and a step in the right direction for me. We all deserve happiness, it took me a long time to realize that, but I get it now. I'm smiling, even when you can't see it! Love to you all!
Jen

No comments: