Thursday, June 5, 2008

Coins on the way!

I got notice yesterday that TWO of my designs are in the mail on their way to me as I write this! I'm soooo excited. Both the Chinese and Japanese Fans have been put into the mail and should be here next week. These have been a long time coming. I designed them last year, kinda by accident. Originally it was one coin. It had the Wall of China on one side and some Cherry Blossoms on the other. When I showed it to my husband he said it was nice but that Cherry blossoms were more representative of Japan! He should know, he loves all things Eastern. So I went back to the drawing board so to speak. I had ton find something that represented Japan and a flower for China. What I got was the Tori Gate for Japan and Lotus Flowers for China and TWO fan designs! These have been produced by Oakcoins. Thanks Christian and Emma for all you have done! I really appreciate it and love working with you!

Next, another super design that was started a long time ago. I actually have no idea what they will be officially called, but they are my MC Escher Lizards. Since I was a little girl I've been fascinated by the art of MC Escher. Starting with the picture Metamorphosis. I thought the lizards would be a great and fun addition to Geocoins. After designing these babies I have a renewed respect for Mr. Escher. I know his Lizards were geometrically formed, I like to think of them as Math based. This is probably the best way to make them so that they fit together properly, but I'm not good at geometry so I freehanded them. Over 21 attempts (I stopped counting then) to get them to each fit into one another in every angle. Try it for yourself when you see them! They will fit together in every position! Special thanks goes to Steve and Sharon at Hogwild Stuff for making these Lizards come to life!!!

Pictures of both to come as soon as I have them!!!

No comments: